May 3, 2024

Eclection




Eclection were a British-based band, originally formed in 1967. The 5-member unit included 2 Australians, 1 Norwegian and 1 Canadian. At the suggestion of Joni Mitchell, they chose the name Eclection - a way to describe their "eclectic" style and origins. Their lone self-titled album was released on Elektra records in August 1968. After releasing their first single, "Nevertheless," in June 1968, Eclection went on a PR blitz, appearing on Dutch TV, BBC radio & the BBC TV show Colour Me Pop. Reviews for both the album & single were mostly favorable if not fantastic. However airplay was scarce and sales were minimal in the UK, and they were virtually un-noticed on the world stage. They once supported the Beach Boys on a 10-day tour. From late 1968 to their breakup in late 1969, the group's chemistry was handcuffed with several personnel changes & a lack of direction.


RECOMMENDED SONG: Nevertheless (song video below + lyrics)


LYRICS: Nevertheless

Nevertheless
I can't help dreaming of you
I can't help falling for you
I just can't help

Nevertheless
I won't try calling your name
I won't try hanging around
I just won't try

Now and again
I might think of you
Hiding the pain
That comes from loving you

Nevertheless
I'll go on waking each day
I'll go on making my way
I'll just go on

Nevertheless
I'll soon find someone who cares
I will find somebody else
I know I'll find

Now and again
I might think of you
Hiding the pain
That comes from loving you 

Nevertheless
I can't help dreaming of you
I can't help falling for you
I just can't help