October 8, 2024

Gandalf



Gandalf were a misfortunate USA psychedelic rock band formed in 1965 in New York City. Under pressure to change their name, which the record company & producers found unappealing, the band refused. Though recorded in 1967, their one & only album wasn't released until 1969. In addition the wrong record was placed in the sleeve upon release, and furthermore Capitol Records refused to promote it. The band has recently gained cult status as the quality of their music speaks for itself.

RECOMMENDED SONG: Hang On To a Dream (song video below + lyrics)
ALSO CHECK OUT: Nature Boy, Me About You


LYRICS: Hang On To a Dream

What can I say, she's walking away
From what we've seen
What can I do, still loving you
It's all a dream

How can we hang on to a dream (Oh)
How can it really be the way it seems

What can I do, she's saying we're through
With how it was
And what will I try, I still don't see why
She says what she does

How can we hang on to a dream (Oh)
And how can it really be the way it seems
How can we hang on to a dream (Oh)

How can we hang on to a dream (Oh)
How can it really be the way it seems (The way it seems)
How can we hang on to a dream
How can it really be the way it seems (The way it seems)
How can we hang on to a dream
How can it really be the way it seems (The way it seems)