January 11, 2024

Agincourt




Agincourt were a late sixties English psychedelic folk band. They released one privately pressed album, Fly Away. They broke up in the early 1970's. Today the record commands high prices amongst collectors especially after a mid-nineties CD release renewed enthusiasm for the band's music.

RECOMMENDED SONG: Though I May Be Dreaming (song video below + lyrics)


LYRICS: Though I May Be Dreaming

Everything changes when winter comes o my love
Gone are the promises made in a summer of love
It's no good in saying how we'll be when winter's here
Pour some more wine in my glass and come over here

Softly my love take my hand come along with me
We'll find a land where the sun and the sand meet the sea
Though I maybe dreaming
I know that I will always find
Plenty to ease my mind drinking country wine

When winter's here I'll tell you
All I know all I care for you

Everything changes when winter comes o my love
Gone are the promises made in a summer of love