The Chocolate Watchband (not to be confused with UK's Chocolate Watch Band) was a psychedelic & garage rock band formed in 1965 in San Jose, California. Their hard edge, rebellious sound had one critic calling them America's answer to the Rolling Stones. In 1967 they were an opening act for The Doors, & were amongst 30 other bands performing at the KFRC Magic Mountain Festival—the first rock music festival in the United States (before Monterrey). The Watchband Released 3 albums & 3 singles from 1967 to 1969, but success was minimal at best, though they garnered a solid local following in the San Jose/San Francisco region. They dissolved in 1970, but reunited in 1999.
RECOMMENDED SONG: In The Past (song video below + lyrics)
LYRICS: In The Past
Try, my friend, loving all
The things we used to love
I realize there was not
Very much to love
But that's no reason
To go on living in the past
Try, my friend, doing all
The things we used to do
If you could color me
It would be darkest blue
Give me another chance
I'll love you more than in the past
It's up to you to do
The things I want you to
Don't question me
It's gotta be this way
Please, my friend, hear me out
Before you have to go
It's time you understood
I think you ought to know
Give me another chance
I'll love you more than in the past

