Montage was formed in 1967 by The Left Bankes' singer/songwriter Michael Brown, who hired four relatively unknown New Jersey musicians to fill out the band. Though Brown wasn't technically a member of Montage, he did contribute piano and organ as well produce & write most of the music to their one & only 1969 self-titled album. Many say that if The Left Banke had made a second album, it would have sounded like this. Montage can best be described as a baroque pop vocal group with impressive harmonies & lush orchestrations.
RECOMMENDED SONG: I Shall Call Her Mary (play song below + lyrics)
ALSO CHECK OUT: The Song is Love
Lyrics: I Shall Call Her Mary
And when my days were not all they could be
My lonely eyes brought a vision to me
Oh how she sparkles so lovely and small
Yes, if she stays then I think I shall call her
Mary, how you waver in the light
Mary, how you wither from my sight
Ahhh, ahhhhh
Gone away, today
Mary
And in the light, kinda bright in my face
I watch her move in a curtain of lace
Laughing her way from my life to my dreams
And when I reach she is gone so it seems
Mary, how you waver in the light
Mary, how you wither from my sight
Ahhh, ahhhhh
Gone away, today
Mary
Oh how she sparkles so lovely and small
Yes, if she stays then I think I shall call h?r
Mary, how you waver in the light
Mary, how you wither from my sight
Ahhh, ahhh, ahh, ahh

