February 25, 2024

Cashman, Pistilli & West




Cashman, Pistilli & West were 3 struggling musicians who met as co-workers at ABC records. They recorded two albums "Bound to Happen" in 1968 & a self-titled one in 1969. Perhaps they're best known for their soft & buttery version of "Sunday Will Never Be the Same," which was a top-10 hit for the band "Spanky and Our Gang." A few more singles followed into the early 1970's. Success was limited internationally, except in Canada where they charted several times. Their name was reduced to Cashman & West while continuing to record into the mid-1970's. In 1973, one of their songs, "Sunshine Eyes," was featured in a Partridge Family episode. The Cashman-West team produced all of Jim Croce's hits, and hits for other artists as well. Early in his adulthood, Cashman was an avid baseball fan & played minor league baseball. His love for the game inspired him to write and sing a 1981 hit "Talkin' Baseball," which became popular the summer of that year during the Baseball strike. In 2011 he was honored as an inductee to the Baseball Hall of Fame & Museum.


RECOMMENDED SONG: Sunday Will Never Be the Same (song video below + lyrics)


LYRICS: Sunday Will Never Be the Same

I remember children
Feeding flocks of pigeons

I remember Sunday morning
I would meet her at the park
We'd walk together hand in hand
'Til it was almost dark
Now I wake up Sunday morning
Walk across the way to find
Nobody waiting for me
Sunday's just another day

Sunday will never be the same
(Sunday will never be the same)
I lost my Sunday song
She'll not be back again

Sunny afternoons
That make me feel so warm inside
Have turned as cold and gray as ashes
As I feel the embers die

Sunday will never be the same
(Sunday will never be the same)
I lost my Sunday song
She'll not be back again

I remember children (the children the)
Feeding flocks of pigeons (the pigeons the)
I remember sunshine
And you were mine

No longer can I walk these paths
For they have changes
I must be home. The sun is gone
And I think it's gonna rain (it's gonna rain)

Sunday will never be the same
(Sunday will never be the same)
I lost my Sunday song
She'll not be back again (not be back again)

Sunday will never be the same
Sunday will never be the same
Sunday will never be the same