Curt Boettcher was an American (from Wisconsin) singer, songwriter, arranger, musician & record producer.
His name is tied with many well known artists, mainly during the 1960's. These include the Association, Paul Revere & the Raiders, Elton John, Gene Clark, the Beach Boys & many others.
Boettcher began collaborating with famous producer Gary Usher in 1966. The two began writing & recording their own music under the moniker "The Millennium" which released one highly acclaimed album early in 1968 before evolving into a new project - forming the sunshine pop outfit "Sagittarius." They recorded two well-praised albums before the end of the decade.
Curt would continue to dabble as a solo artist until the mid-1970's. By 1975 he sang backing vocals for many Elton John songs including the hit "Don't Go Breaking My Heart." His role in music was then limited to sporadic production into the 1980's.
He died of a lung infection in 1987 at the age of 43. Today his cult status as a founding father & influencer of Sunshine Pop has reached immense heights.
RECOMMENDED SONG: You Know I've Found a Way (song video below + lyrics)
ALSO CHECK OUT: Lament of the Astral Cowboy, Misty Mirage
LYRICS: You Know I've Found a Way
You know I've found a way
To show my love to you
So now I ask you
To find a way to show your love to me
Don't try to run away
There's no place you can go
Alone, I could go with you
To a place called love
Where the two of us can go
Think of all the dreams we could be sharing
If you trust me to trust you
You know how I love you
You know I've found a way
To show my love to you
So now I ask you
To find a way to show your love to me


