February 8, 2024

Blades of Grass



The Blades of Grass were an American sunshine pop band formed in Maplewood, New Jersey in 1967. The band was originally known as the Furnace Men. They are most-known for their nationally charting rendition of the song "Happy," which reached #87 on Billboard (USA). The band also released an album called "The Blades of Grass Are Not for Smoking," which did not chart before disbanding.

FAVORITE SONG: Happy (see video below + lyrics)
ALSO RECOMMEND: Just Ah


LYRICS: Happy

Happy is the day I found you
Happy is the world around you
I'm never sad as long as we're together
My happiness is you

Happy is the way I love you
Happy is just thinkin' of you
I found a lifetime of pleasure, a hidden treasure
In the happiness of you

You're the girl I want to marry
You're the girl that makes (You're the girl that makes)
Me happy (Makes me happy, happy)

Happy is our lives together
Happy is our love forever
What more in life could you give me?
Happy is livin' all my life with you

You're the girl I want to marry
You're the girl that makes (You're the girl that makes)
Me happy (Makes me happy, happy) 

Happy is our lives together
Happy is our love forever
What more in life could you give me?
Happy is livin' all my life with you

You
Ah